Systech Partner Omega Design Corp to Introduce New LabelSync 360° At Pack Expo
Omega Design Corporation – a global provider of innovative packaging machinery, serialization solutions, and bottle unscrambling technology, will premiere its LabelSync™ 360° Inspection and reject handling system for all markets, as well as two new versions of its Intelli-Code Carton Coding solution, at Pack Expo, November 6-9 in Chicago. Omega Design will showcase other equipment from its portfolio as well, across a total of four booths: those of serialization software partner Systech International (booth# N-5746), printing and labeling partner Domino Amjet (S-3536, W909), and its own booths in the South Hall (S-3530) and the Pharma Expo (W-907).
At Omega Design’s booth S-3530, the newest highlight will be its new LabelSync™ 360° Inspection unit for bottles. Suitable for all markets, the unit captures codes, inspects caps, matches components, and helps protect against food and allergen contamination, tampered/incorrect product, improper labeling and recalls. An integrated reject station along with fail-safe programming ensures that only verified product will move downstream. Adding a top or bottom camera can enable inspection and data syncing with a secondary line code, making possible the sort of unit-level product visibility that is increasingly being adopted around the globe. This SCADA compatible system is ideal for many industries, including Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods, and Life Sciences, and can seamlessly integrate with MES and data management software.
Two New Versions of Intelli-Code Carton Coding and Inspection System
Omega Design also will introduce two new versions of its highly regarded Intelli-Code Carton Coding and Inspection System. In the Pharma Expo Hall, Omega will showcase its dual Laser and TIJ carton coding system at booth W-907. The new Laser Intelli-Code is designed for inline carton coding, serialization and verification. It can handle up to 300 cartons per minute, and features a single, quick adjustment printer, integrated enclosure, a compact frame, and a carton inspection air knife reject station. The TIJ version will be showcased at Systech International’s booth N-5746 seamlessly integrated with their data management software.
Other equipment on display at Omega Design’s Booth S-3530 include:
- The Servo Controlled Rotary Pocket (SRP) Unscrambler is an automatic, variable speed packaging machine that receives empty bottles in bulk, then orients, processes, and positions them onto a moving conveyor for further downstream processing. It features rapid, repeatable changeover, high OEE and low TCO, and handles speeds up to 300 bottles per minute. Can be fitted and retrofitted for unit-level serialization initiatives.
- Omega Design’s Classic Shrinkbundler features compact, highly versatile and fully automatic systems to collate, unitize, wrap and safeguard a wide array of packaging products. The machine bands or shrinkwraps product into bundles using a clear, low-density polyethylene film that provides product protection and bundle stability. The company offers three shrinkbundlers with maximum film widths ranging from 17” to 35”, top speeds from 150 to 300 cartons per minute, and product handling capabilities up to 11” in height.
- Omega offers a variety of film wrappers, including the Bandit, the company’s latest inline Stretch Bander, which can be integrated simply and cost-effectively into new and existing packaging lines. The machine is able to vertically stack cartons at speeds up to 300 cartons per minute using its state of the art components and servo motion control. It’s compact footprint and balcony style design allows for easy user access and product visibility. With no heat tunnel required, the Bandit consumes less energy than traditional shrinkbundlers.
- Omega Design’s OMNI-Feeder is a variable speed feeder for desiccant and oxygen absorbers that accommodates both canisters and pouches. Featuring a servo-operated feeder, the machine can handle up to 300 bottles per minute. In addition to inserting canisters or pouches into rigid bottles, the equipment can be adapted to dispense desiccants and oxygen absorbers into various packages, including medical diagnostic kits and medical devices. Versatile and efficient, the OMNI-Feeder is capable of multiple desiccant drops per bottle, has the ability to run differently sized canisters and pouches, and requires less than five minutes for changeover.
- Omega’s Intelli-Pac™ Case Packing and Aggregation Stations are available from the custom shop to meet end user specifications, and pre-configured for Rapid Deployment with very short lead times to help companies meet tight windows for serialization legislation around the globe. The manual Intelli-Pac™ features a compact mobile design, hand-held scanner and Omega’s “pack, then track” integrity utilizing layer aggregation technology. The semi-automatic Intelli-Pac™, features Domino’s corner-wrap M-Series labeler, integrated vision system with layer aggregation technology, operator touch screen, connectivity to preferred data management system and case forming and taping.
- Rapid Deployment Serialization Equipment. Ready for immediate shipment, these manual or semi-auto pre-configured systems can address needs to print codes, inspect, reject, aggregate, case pack and case label. These systems specifically target pharma companies who need to reach their 2017 DSCSA serialization requirements.
Originally Published In What They Think